Serenity Baptist Church
James 1:25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
Being that we have the liberty which is genuine freedom from sin, as the Holy Spirit applies the principles of scripture to believers hearts, they are freed from sins bondage and are enabled to obey God. (John 8:34-36)
"Ships in harbor are safe," wrote John Shedd, "but that's not what ships are built for." We, too as Christians are not built to stay in the safe harbors of life but to take some prudent risk, have some daring, take some chances. Theodore Roosevelt praised the man who "...if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
1. The angel of the Lord appeared to the banished Hagar and told her what to name her child. What was the child's name?
2. How many angels rescued Lot and his family from the doomed city of Sodom?
3. What apostle was released from prison by an angel who opened the prisons iron gate?
4. The prophet Balaam could not see the Lord's angel, but his talking donkey could. What was it about the angel that made the donkey turn away?
5. Joshua encountered an angel who was captain of the Host of the Lord. What was the angels purpose in appearing to Joshua?